|AVEXIS, INC. filed this Form S-1 on 01/15/2016|
Table of Contents
from this offering and our existing cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments will be sufficient to fund our current operating plans through at least the next 12 months, we
anticipate that we will need additional funding to complete the development of AVXS-101 and any future product candidates.
future capital requirements will depend on many factors, including:
- the progress and results of our current and planned clinical trials of AVXS-101;
- the scope, progress, results and costs of drug discovery, laboratory testing, manufacturing, preclinical development and clinical
trials for any other product candidates that we may pursue in the future, if any;
- the costs, timing and outcome of regulatory review of AVXS-101 and any other product candidates we may develop;
- the costs of establishing and maintaining our own commercial-scale cGMP manufacturing facility;
- the costs associated with the manufacturing process development and evaluation of third-party manufacturers;
- the costs of future activities, including product sales, medical affairs, marketing, manufacturing and distribution, for AVXS-101 or
any other product candidates we may develop for which we receive marketing approval;
- revenue, if any, received from commercial sale of AVXS-101 or other product candidates, should any of our product candidates receive
- the costs of preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications, maintaining and enforcing our intellectual property rights and
defending intellectual property-related claims;
- our current collaboration and license agreements remaining in effect and our achievement of milestones under those agreements;
- our ability to establish and maintain additional collaborations and licenses on favorable terms, if at all; and
- the extent to which we acquire or in-license other product candidates and technologies.
potential product candidates and conducting preclinical testing and clinical trials is a time-consuming, expensive and uncertain process that takes years to complete, and we
may never generate the necessary data or results required to obtain marketing approval and achieve product sales. In addition, our product candidates, if approved, may not achieve commercial success.
Our product revenues, if any, will be derived from or based on sales of product candidates that may not be commercially available for many years, if at all. Accordingly, we will need to continue to
rely on additional financing to achieve our business objectives. To the extent that additional capital is raised through the sale of equity or equity-linked securities, the issuance of those
securities could result in substantial dilution for our current stockholders and the terms may include liquidation or other preferences that adversely affect the rights of our current stockholders.
Debt financing, if available, may involve covenants restricting our operations or our ability to incur additional debt. Any debt or additional equity financing that we raise may contain terms that are
not favorable to us or our stockholders. If we raise additional funds through collaboration and licensing arrangements with third parties, it may be necessary to relinquish some rights to our
technologies or our product candidates, or grant licenses on terms that are not favorable to us. Furthermore, the issuance of additional securities, whether equity or debt, by us, or the possibility
of such issuance, may cause the market price of our common stock to decline and existing stockholders may not agree with our financing plans or the terms of such financings. Adequate additional
financing may not be available to us on acceptable terms, or at all.
© AveXis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.