SEC Filings

S-1/A
AVEXIS, INC. filed this Form S-1/A on 02/01/2016
Entire Document
 

Table of Contents

36,790 shares and a non-qualified stock option with respect to 170,210 shares. The exercise price for the incentive stock option portion of the option was $2.718 per share and the exercise price for the non-qualified stock option portion of the option was $2.47 per share. Two-thirds of the shares underlying the option were subject to cross option rights of JDH Investment and West Summit as described above. Under the terms of the option, the 36,790 shares subject to the incentive stock option and 50,150 shares subject to the non-qualified stock option were fully vested upon grant. Pursuant to the terms of the grant, the non-qualified stock option was to vest with respect to the remaining 120,060 shares upon the achievement of specified service-based and performance-based conditions, which are described in detail in footnote (2) to the "Outstanding Equity Awards at December 31, 2015" table below. However, in April 2015, pursuant to the terms of Mr. Carbona's severance agreement, the unvested portion of the option was accelerated and became fully vested. See "— Payments Upon Termination or Change in Control." After giving effect to the transfer effected pursuant to the Mutual Termination Agreement described above, each of of Mr. Carbona, JDH Investment and West Summit held a fully vested option to purchase 69,000 shares of our common stock.

Outstanding Equity Awards at December 31, 2015

          The following table sets forth certain information regarding equity awards granted to our named executive officers that were outstanding as of December 31, 2015. As of December 31, 2015, Mr. Carbona did not hold any outstanding equity incentive awards.

 
   
  OPTION AWARDS
 
 
GRANT
DATE
 
NUMBER OF
SECURITIES
UNDERLYING
UNEXERCISED
OPTIONS (#)
EXERCISABLE
 
NUMBER OF
SECURITIES
UNDERLYING
UNEXERCISED
OPTIONS (#)
UNEXERCISABLE
 
OPTION
EXERCISE
PRICE PER
SHARE
($)
 
OPTION
EXPIRATION
DATE

John A. Carbona

               

Sean P. Nolan

  June 10, 2015         738,300 (1) $ 15.94   June 10, 2025

Sukumar Nagendran

  October 13, 2015         199,855 (2) $ 18.48   October 13, 2025

Thomas J. Dee

  August 11, 2015         164,059 (3) $ 18.17   August 11, 2025

(1)
This option was granted on June 10, 2015. The option was an incentive option with respect to 25,088 shares and a non-qualified stock option with respect to 713,212 shares. 25% of the shares are scheduled to vest on June 8, 2016, and the remaining 75% of the shares are scheduled to vest in equal monthly installments thereafter until June 8, 2019, subject to his continued service and potential acceleration upon a sale event as described in his employment agreement.

(2)
This option was granted on October 13, 2015. The option was an incentive option with respect to 21,643 shares and a non-qualified stock option with respect to 178,212 shares. 25% of the shares are scheduled to vest on September 14, 2016, and the remaining 75% of the shares are scheduled to vest in equal monthly installments thereafter until August 3, 2019, subject to his continued service and potential acceleration upon a sale event as described in his employment agreement.

(3)
This option was granted on August 11, 2015. The option was an incentive option with respect to 22,008 shares and a non-qualified stock option with respect to 142,051 shares. 25% of the shares are scheduled to vest on August 3, 2016, and the remaining 75% of the shares are scheduled to vest in equal monthly installments thereafter until August 3, 2019, subject to his continued service and potential acceleration upon a sale event as described in his employment agreement.

Retirement Benefits and Other Compensation

          Our named executive officers did not participate in, or otherwise receive any benefits under, any pension, retirement or deferred compensation plan sponsored by us during 2014 or 2015. Our named executive officers were eligible to participate in our employee benefits, including health insurance benefits, on the same basis as our other employees. We generally do not provide perquisites or personal benefits except in limited circumstances, and we did not provide any perquisites or personal benefits to our named executive officers in 2014 or 2015, except that,

153



© AveXis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.