|AVEXIS, INC. filed this Form 10-K on 03/18/2016|
Table of Contents
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This Annual Report on Form 10-K (this "Annual Report") contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements are contained principally in Part I, Item 1: "Business,"
Part I, Item 1A: "Risk Factors," and Part 2, Item 7: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," but are also contained
elsewhere in this Annual Report. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as "may," "will," "should," "expect," "plan," "anticipate," "could," "intend," "target,"
"project," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential" or "continue" or the negative of these terms or other similar expressions intended to identify statements about the future. These statements
speak only as of the date of this Annual Report and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be
materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. We have based these forward-looking statements largely on our current
expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that we believe may affect our business, financial condition and results of operations. These forward looking statements include,
without limitation, statements about the following:
- the timing, progress and results of preclinical studies and clinical trials for AVXS-101 and any other product candidates, including
statements regarding the timing of initiation and completion of studies or trials and related preparatory work, the period during which the results of the trials will become available and our research
and development programs;
- the timing of and our ability to obtain and maintain regulatory approval of AVXS-101;
- our expectations regarding the size of the patient populations for our product candidates, if approved for commercial use;
- our manufacturing capabilities and strategy, including the scalability and commercial viability of our manufacturing methods and
- our ability to successfully commercialize AVXS-101;
- our estimates of our expenses, ongoing losses, future revenue, capital requirements and our needs for or ability to obtain additional
- our ability to identify and develop new product candidates;
- our ability to identify, recruit and retain key personnel;
- our and our licensors' ability to protect and enforce our intellectual property protection for AVXS-101, and the scope of such
- our financial performance;
- the development of and projections relating to our competitors or our industry;
- the impact of laws and regulations; and
- our expectations regarding the time during which we will be an emerging growth company under the JOBS Act.
should refer to "Item 1A. Risk Factors" in this Annual Report for a discussion of important factors that may cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed
or implied by our forward-looking statements. As a result of these factors, we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements in this Annual Report will prove to be accurate. Furthermore, if
our forward-looking statements prove to be inaccurate, the inaccuracy may be material. In light of the significant uncertainties in these forward-looking statements, you should not regard these
statements as a representation or warranty by us or any other person that we will achieve our objectives and plans in any specified time frame, or at all. The forward-looking statements in this Annual
Report represent our
© AveXis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.