|AVEXIS, INC. filed this Form 424B5 on 01/18/2018|
securities are issued only as global securities, an investor should be aware of the following:
- an investor cannot cause the securities to be registered in his or her name, and cannot obtain non-global certificates for his or her interest
in the securities, except in the special situations we describe below;
- an investor will be an indirect holder and must look to his or her own bank or broker for payments on the securities and protection of his or
her legal rights relating to the securities, as we describe above;
- an investor may not be able to sell interests in the securities to some insurance companies and to other institutions that are required by law
to own their securities in non-book-entry form;
- an investor may not be able to pledge his or her interest in the global security in circumstances where certificates representing the
securities must be delivered to the lender or other beneficiary of the pledge in order for the pledge to be effective;
- the depositary's policies, which may change from time to time, will govern payments, transfers, exchanges and other matters relating to an
investor's interest in the global security;
- we and any applicable trustee have no responsibility for any aspect of the depositary's actions or for its records of ownership interests in
the global security, nor will we or any applicable trustee supervise the depositary in any way;
- the depositary may, and we understand that DTC will, require that those who purchase and sell interests in the global security within its
book-entry system use immediately available funds, and your broker or bank may require you to do so as well; and
- financial institutions that participate in the depositary's book-entry system, and through which an investor holds its interest in the global
security, may also have their own policies affecting payments, notices and other matters relating to the securities.
may be more than one financial intermediary in the chain of ownership for an investor. We do not monitor and are not responsible for the actions of any of those intermediaries.
Special Situations When a Global Security Will Be Terminated
In a few special situations described below, a global security will terminate and interests in it will be exchanged for physical certificates
representing those interests. After that exchange, the choice of whether to hold securities directly or in street name will be up to the investor. Investors must consult their own banks or brokers to
find out how to have their interests in securities transferred to their own names, so that they will be direct holders. We have described the rights of holders and street name investors above.
global security will terminate when the following special situations occur:
- if the depositary notifies us that it is unwilling, unable or no longer qualified to continue as depositary for that global security and we do
not appoint another institution to act as depositary within 90 days;
- if we notify any applicable trustee that we wish to terminate that global security; or
- if an event of default has occurred with regard to securities represented by that global security and has not been cured or waived.
applicable prospectus supplement may also list additional situations for terminating a global security that would apply only to the particular series of securities covered by the
© AveXis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.